Quote:

Just think Chassis Dept.

If it was assembled in the Chassis Dept. It was not undercoated.

Most Chrysler Assembly plants back in the day, (and I have been to a few) the last job done in Trim Dept. was undercoating.

Now the body entered Chassis Dept. So engine/trans/mufflers/pipes/ both fuel and brake lines were installed after undercoating.

If you see these parts undercoated it was done by the dealer or a private party.

On a earlier comment, somebody said their sway bar had undercoating.
I would bet my 44 yr. memory this was done after the sale or was a dealer add on.

If you notice the E-Body plastic and B-Body inner fender shields have undercoating on them. They were assembled in trim.

Also a little tip on B-Bodys, the bolt that holds on the front fender/cowl shields was not on the car prior too or during paint.

That fender tab was supposed to be brush painted black. Not saying it happened all the time, but it was supposed to.

Hope this helps.

I have seen, and have picture, of a 71 Demon LA plant that shows the standard, everycar, undercoating just under the leaf spring hanger. You can see they had something covering the body pad to prevent this, but the mask line must have moved over.

My rear sway bar in my 71 Challenger R/T built at Hamtramck has undercoating on it. It would have been installed before the exhausts and rear suspension, driveshaft, etc.