Quote:

Well more like it starts for 3 seconds and dies like clock work. Has been setting for a couple of years, put a battery in it and now this. I have read it's common for the security system to cause this. The security light comes on for the bulb test but goes off like the rest of the lights do. But when checking for codes with a scanner leaving the key on for a few the security light and low fuel light comes back on and burn steady and the odometer flashes. When it does run for 3 seconds the tach doesn't work but my scan tool does show rpms. Does not have a coded key (plain black not grey). Don't have a key fob. I've tried locking both doors and unlocking each with the key but no change. Also bridged the fuel pump relay and ASD relay no change. I don't have a DRB scan tool to see if the CTM is communicating with the PCM. Any suggestions on what I could check would be greatly appreciated. Does anybody know what the flashing odometer means or is it normal when you hook a scanner to it? Thanks in advance for any help!

Answered in his original post.

Careful, your character's showing!