I have no dog in this fight, but this whole delivery time matter doesn't add up IMO. I understand if this was new product under development, like a well respected 5spd, who only wants to deliver 100% product. But these blocks have been in the pipeline for decades. There are a lot less parts, and the owners put down 50% and they don't seem to be dirt cheap. So the initial capital should be there, the expertise should be there, if they are waiting on outside items, do they require a min number ordered before production starts, and then what is taking place, the entire shop goes on vacation, and waits, are the orders so unpredictable every season that demand always outstrips supply every year, is this a case of a talented engineering staff is in over their heads on running a business and providing customer service? I can see longer lead times on start up, and wonder what the actual production time is on one single block, and why it then takes 6 months, and no reduction is in sight. This should be fixable, if the will is there, if not, a replacement will soon be lurking on the sidelines.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.