Quote:

I'll assume your talking 1969 since all your other posts are for a 69 Charger.
A 68-69 wood wheel is darker than the 70 wheel. Yes the grain is pressed into the wood and yes the reproductions are great for people that don't any better.
Ron

Yes, '69... a nearly 9 year part-time project is getting down to the nitty gritty. Most of the repro stuff looks like ass but it's also great that its available to daily drivers, hot rods etc. Many of us would be screwed without access to those parts. This car however I'm trying to do the best I can with what I have, but I never had any intention of trying to "compete" with guys who can spend $500 on an NOS radiator hose or $300 for an NOS distributor cap. On a side note I have a '70 RT SE Charger that was restored in the mid '90's and I used a lot of good original parts. I was never satisfied with the woodgrain dash and finally ordered a new set of aluminum overlays... then sent them back because the color was awful, looked like a puke green flavor of wood and matched nothing else in the car. So.. I'm "living" with the faded original stuff...it doesn't look as bad as the new repro stuff imo.