Quote:

Disclaimer - Long Post Warning - I've got a 440 powered Charger 500 with a build date of September '68. No build sheet. I really wanted to put 15's on the car but have been advised that without the Hemi it's obviously a wrong choice...as in you couldn't even opt for them with just a 440. Because of the early build I'm going to use F-70-14 GoodYears with the narrow whitewall (don't like redlines on a green car) and have come to wheel choices. The currently available repro 14" Roadwheels are chrome and I'm told they're not right... should be a satin type finish on the spokes. So... do I lose the same points for the "wrong" finish on the road wheel as I would if I had a 15" on the car? Then why not just use the 15's ? Second thing I need help with is figuring out the wheelcover options should I decide to simply go with 14" steelies. I've attached the choices for wheel covers but not sure what the S/C in the description indicates. My car has neither the Spring Special A41 nor Special Edition A47 options. Which choices could be correct for 14" wheelcovers? I've actually got a decent set of the 15" covers as shown but... Hemi only? Thanks for the advice, assistance and decoding help. Mike

I think the "S/C" stands for Sales Code, AKA option code to most of us. As you said, your car would have had 14" wheels, 15" were not an option. AFAIK, without the broadcast sheet there is no way to tell which covers it had. The hub caps were standard equipment, with 3 optional wheel covers available as shown in the dealer data book.

If incorrect 14" wheels have the same effect as 15" wheels for judging then I certainly agree with you, go for the 15"!

From hamtramck-historical;