Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey John, I was thinking about this, and your trap speed is in line with the pure stock six pack cars, and you've got some light head work and bigger tires. I don't think it's totally impossible if you pulled off a decent 60 foot time. The pure stock guys usually run 4.10s but with your brutal torque at 2300 rpm it may not have minded the 3.54s much.

Probably not a great comparison.

One might not think, but didn't you trap 108 with the 272/272, manifolds, six pack, and 2.25 inch pipes with 3.23s?

Hes running Bob Ks cam

Right.

My point was to whom the results should be compared. I just don't think the quickest of the PSMCDR A12 guys is a good comparison. And actually, I have not ruled out anything yet, although I am leaning in the same direction as most everyone else.

Depending on the answers to the questions I've asked, I could see the car trapping at 111 mph. And if the car has a true street tire and factory suspension it is really hard to get them to 60 ft much better than 2.0 sec. But that is a lot of guessing and assumptions on my part.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that it's likely or that would be easy, but I do think its possible. The Pro Tru Wisecos that John is running are 625 grams a peice, so they're fairly light. As I recall hes running 255s or 275s out back. Promax is reputable, and he has headwork that the pure stock guys don't have. Depending on how much bowl work was done they may flow 250-260 cfm or so. He is also running the Edelbrock intake, not the Chrysler cast iron intake.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street