Jees Louise! It's been a little over 13 months since I originally posted this thread. What's happened in that time? Not much. The guy doing the work got a divorce and had to move outside of town. The good news is that he now has several acres, a shop, and no close neighbors. The bad news is that his ex drug him through the ringer with back-n-forth court visits before they finally settled their differences. However, I have used the time to accumulate some good parts:

The Borgeson shaft mentioned above
A full set of custom Auto Meter gauges
A brand-new NV4500 with the 5th gear fix and cast iron tailhousing
An Advance Adapters swap kit
All new Anchor Industries engine and trans mount bushings
ARP flywheel bolts
And the Valair clutch and flywheel I just ordered this morning.

I know it's not a lot, but I'm on a budget, and at least I'm getting the transmission taken care of. He and I also agreed to swap diffs. He's looking for 4.10s, and my donor has them. Conversely, he has 3.54s under his dually crew cab, which I've been looking for. Can you say free gear swap?

BTW, he's keeping the bumper. Oh well, the uprights are in front of the turn signals in the grille, so he'll have to swap stuff around to use it. If you've read into what I've said so far, yes, he has a 78 crew cab dually, too, and it's the most recent Cummins 4x4 swap he's done. The more, the merrier! This one is his. It's actually an 84 cab, but all of the red and silver panels are from a 78. I had to remove some personal info from the pic, hence the gray rectangle.

8449669-dually.jpg (123 downloads)

OIF V and OEF X veteran and proud of it!