Quote:

I wonder over the years how many mopar guys hooking up an MSD for the first time made this mistake. I know I did.

Wow !!!! I may have been the next victim... I COMPLETELY understand were you're coming from. And to think, I already have a ballast resistor that was "bypassed" for my Pertronix I was running on the car. I just followed the instructions and disregarded the ballast all together, thinking, as it has been eluded to, the 12v feed to the ballast resistor was ALWAY hot. Sort of confused though on the triggering when I ground the white wire and it working. Is it because I'm not sitting in the driver's seat going to ignition 2 and thus initiating the starter and thus, power on the one blue ballast resistor goes dead........ Lordy, if this is the cast, then I knew it, it had to be an easy fix. Guess when I get home I will attempt this once again. I'll put the ballast resistor I have back on ( that's had a solid wire soldered into place for bypassing ) and just "t" off one of the leads for my red 12v MSD feed,,,,,

crossing my fingers.......

Thanks for the input..

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)