Quote:

On my 92 Dakota mice had built a nest of hood insulation in the air intake causing water to overflow into the heater. I removed the panel in front of the windshield and used a shop vac to get it out. You might want to check it out first. [/quote

The cowl drains out both sides of the truck, and often fills with leaves, pine needles, and other junk. By removing the cowl cover, you can usually drag the crap towards the center where it can be removed. once the crap is removed, the side drains can be opened. The heat system air intake is in the cowl area, about an inch off the floor of the cowl, and is likely the main source of your water. The box drain can be cleaned by removing the rubber cover and opening up the opening with a wire, but its purpose was to drain off the water from the AC unit. You need to open the cowl drains.

There may be access to the fresh air side of the box through the inside air port on the extreme right side of the box. There is a door that is either open to inside the cab air or opens to outside fresh air. You might be able to enter the box through that area to clean out debris, but I doubt you would ever get a hand in there, you will have to work through a 1/2 open air duct door and around a corner. The air duct door is behind the integrated plastic square screen deal, which you may have to remove. When I cut up my 90 to fit into the coupe body, I had to cut that end off and relocate it. I will see if I have any pictures of that area. Gene