Hi,

I've been trying to stick with the numbers-matching game with my 1972 340 'Cuda. I planned on a FAST-style motor or pure stock/stock appearing with 500 HP. Now, my plan is to have 400-425 Hp and 400-425 Ft. Lbs. Torque with the original steel crank (don't really want to bother with a stroker motor right now). I'll be doing a camshaft, higher compression pistons and the rest will be pretty much stock. My Thermoquad was restored by Scott Smith.

Anyway, I'm kind of getting tired of spending big money to restore parts back to assembly line condition and with the correct dates and what not (my fan clutch, wiper motor, exhaust manifolds, carb, and most other parts under the hood have been correctly restored or are NOS).

Now, I'm staring at these 1972 J-heads and I'm just not feeling much love for them. If they go to Shady Dell, I'm guessing it will be pretty expensive to have them flow to the max with new valves, springs, etc.

So, I'm thinking about picking up an old LD340 intake manifold and just run the Performer RPM 340 E-heads. Paint them blue and go from there. Maybe TTI headers down the road if I decide to remove the stock exhaust manifolds. But, that would be it. Just the internal mods I mentioned above and what I just mentioned.

Any thoughts? BTW, I'm not interested in competing in FAST or Pure Stock. This is just for my own pleasure.