Quote:

Sorry, I changed the title to get a little help!

It was formerly titled: "Three Speed Wiper Switch Questions"

Short attention spans; I need to two questions in bold below answered.

Okay, trying to get the 3 speed windshield wipers going on a '73 Satellite. The switch was sitting on the seat when I got the car.

I figured it was bad, and when I plugged it in, the wipers turn on whenever the ignition is on, no matter what position the switch is in. One of the position did make them go really fast. I turned off the ignition, and unplugged the connector.

I tried to follow the bench testing procedure, but my switch has a W instead of what I think should be B/U.

I assume this means I have a bad switch.

Until I can get a replacement switch, how can I install a three position toggle switch to get them to work?

What do the different slots on the harness or blades on the switch correspond to?

The big questions are:

Do the wipers park themselves in absense of any power?

Will I hurt or burn up anything by fooling around with it?

I don't mind trying to figure stuff out, I just don't want to destroy more stuff in the process.

Thanks y'all!!

I wouldn't go tossing the switch just yet. If you can control the speed with the switch (do you have low, medium, and high speeds?), then the problem may be with the park mechanism in the wiper motor itself, causing the motor to never park (i.e. "turn off").

Do you have five wires at the back of the wiper switch? BR/R (washer motor), DarkBLue, BRown, Red, and DarkGReen?