I like and use the longest rod I can get on my street and strip and all out drag race motors My 518 C.I. 400 block low deck stroker had a 6.800 long rods with the 4.300 stroke, that = a 1.58 rod length to stroke ratio, the piston was very light, 456 grams without the rings or wrist pins That long of a stroke in a low deck ends up making the pistons skirts come out of the bottom of the bores, even with a very short piston skirt I ran the motor on the street some and race it more than I did drive it on the street I shifted it at or above 7000 RPM on every pass, the piston skirts had witness marks on the skirts but had no measurable wear on them and it didn't use oil I do have several street and strip pump gas 440 blocks running on pump gas with 4.25 strokes and 7.1 long rods, that = a 1.67 rod to stroke ratio, They seem to work great also I have one bracket race (only) motor that has 7.1 long rods with a 3.91 stroke crank with a set of B1-BS heads ported to M.W. size by MCH, that motor was still gaining power at 7000 RPM on the dyno when the customer said to stop revving it at 7000 rpm Go long

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)