Quote:

Diesel oil is designed for engines that go down the road at under 3000 RPM. What effect will that have on an 8000 rpm race engine? Will it have sufficient anti-foam qualitys? Has it been tested in high RPM applications?

Joel, the motorcycle that I mentioned is my Aprilia 750 and I can wind it out well past 8000rpm and the 600cc guys are 12,000 plus. Like I said the bike crowd is really behind the diesel-spec oil and a very high percentage of them are using it.

Put another way, yours and my special friend "winter fuel" is a cute game the blenders get to play on us with gasoline engines because the tolerances in a gas engine are pretty wide. Same goes for gasoline-spec engine oil: they can fart around with it and throw whatever is in the bottom of the barrell into a jug of oil. The tolerances in a diesel engine are more like a Swiss watch and the blenders can't fuss around when it comes to diesel-spec oil or fuel.

100 Low Lead and Diesel-spec oil: I bet my last dollar on both.

If you do decide to try it just stick with something like Mobil or Shell; none of that royal purple, amsoil, pennsoil or the rest of them fly-by-night companies.

Hope that helps.

8005620-IMG_00000088.jpg (111 downloads)

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".