Quote:

So Cab, do you really think that in your example of going from 109 to 117 mph was because of the restriction of a perfectly good 2 1/2 exhaust system and nothing else? What is that, like 80 hp on a pretty mild motor?

I have more than one example of going from a 2 1/4 compression bent system to open headers that netted 2 mph in 12 second cars.

Obviously your experience is your experience, but logic suggests to me that possibly something else was at play in your example.

Those mufflers where the old style Turbo muffs so who know how restrictive they are, I think I still have both sides of them intact from back then They where pretty crudely done (I didn't build those, they where on another car I had bought and I reused them on that car because they bolted up )I put a set of the race 3x14 Bullet header muffs on the car after getting beat and those rascals slowed that car down .1 and 1 MPH I had hoped that they would act like collector extensions and help the car go faster, but they dang sure didn't You have to test to learn

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)