My install was part of a larger project that involved building boxes that held the front spring eye and recessed them into the rear subframe. I drilled four pairs of spring mounting holes in each box: an upper and lower for the stock spring length and an upper and lower for the SS springs that I never got around to buying. I built the wheel tubs from sheet steel that I bent to fit.
With the big tires, the car was amazingly consistent and always drove straight...particularly since I built it all by myself in a big truck shop (Totem Truck & Tractor Repair), with no precise measuring tools, an unfamiliar arc welder, etc.. I remember falling asleep, late at night, under the car more than once and the guys would wake me up when they came to work the next day. I got the shop use if I helped the truck mechanics some during the day. My project went into high gear when the shop owner told me the IRS was going to be locking up his shop because he had not paid his 941 taxes. My car was nearly the last one in the shop

1986 Dodge Ramcharger 440 2wd, Bracket Racer Under Construction
1998 Ram 2500 QuadCab, new daily driver.
2008 Honda Element
2014 Carry-On 7x14 Cargo Trailer