Quote:

In the past I have changed tires everyday. That is kind of a beating and takes up lots of space in the car. The few times it rained last year I didn't get the benefit of the road tires because my wipers messed up and i had to drive slow. Next year I am going to really consider not changing tires. A look at the forecast will help determine that also. The one time I needed a spare was last year and it was a front tire and I don't carry spares of those.

For spares I carry SBM specific stuff. I borrow my dads Mezziere pump just in case mine lays down. I carry a fuel pump, rocker adjusters. I plan on carrying a full ignition system. In 2013 I carried a full system other than a coil and that failed(thanks for stopping Mr P) and my spare was on the workbench at home. I run a GM alternator and late mopar starter that should always be in stock at parts stores.

I haven't carried much valve train stuff in the past. My heads have to be removed to get the lifters out and that's likely more work than I will want to do on the road. I now have a spare set of lifters and will modify my heads before DW this year so I can remove the lifters if needed. I put on new springs before DW and I carry my old ones as spares. I carry adjusters, but I don't own another set of rockers. Also, the oil is blocked off to my lifters so if the cam gets damaged I can remove the lifters and still limp along on the remaining cylinders.
Still held air

I dont remember if I clearanced the W-2s or the W-5s
so I can get the lifters out with the heads still
on the engine.. but before I leave I will pull the intake
to make sure... I really want to get the W-5s fixed
so I can run them(still dont know what the issue is)..
I;m coming to the point I dont think I will change
the rear tires... still might change the fronts to
a lighter set up for track........ keep the ideas
coming guys... I know someone said a few things that I
didnt think of.. simple stuff but I forgot