Quote:

I wonder if WC will put a Bowtie on the roof of the Moosetang? I don't think they were ever Hemi guys. If Mopar didn't put up the money for the chootouts, I doubt they would have gotten into it. I think there will be more SS/AH cars if WC leaves as I think a lot of cars got parked when they got tired of throwing money after chasing him. At least one of them parking his Cuda and bought a Moosetang to run in SS. That was probably a lot cheaper to buy it than step up to run the Warguppies.

Can't believe I just read this .... Lol

You honestly think Charlie worked like a dog and spent 10's of thousands plus the cost of the car to win a measly 10 or 20 grand once a year at Indy.
You have got to be kidding me. The guy probably has more money tied up in one cnc machine at his shop than he has won in his life racing a hemi at Indy.
It's all about being the best at something one chooses to do, the paltry money means next to nothing. Most guys who own these cars are wealthy. 10 grand isn't more than a weeks work. They do it because they can, are competitive people and like the attention the class garners

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8