This is a totally screwed up question to ask.

That said I ask it too. I have had some great engines that truly I wish I had back the way they were when I had them. Seems when I want to sell a shortblock everyone wants the heads in the deal. When you have a complete engine they want just part of it. Plainly stated in My Opinion the guys shopping are idiots. They always think they can do it better or cheaper. Time and time again I waste my time talking to a perspective buyer who wants to do their own deal. They claim to have already started. I talk to their engine builder and it just aint so. They call a few years later stating they wish they had bought my junk.

Hey, I know why people are skeptical. I have bought new stuff from engine builders that was totally screwed up. I have also bought things that were a simple put it together and rock on. To find it is a total mess. Bearings worn out, miss matched rockers, and then it just would not support the dyno numbers stated.

That said, if a person looking to buy can hear the engine run. Take a little trip up the road or watch it run at the track. Just how can you beat that. Time and time again I have had just that and some blow hard tells my buyer my stuff is not what they want.

My last deal I bought and I really had the heaby jeabies. I called to ask them to leave it in the car so I could hear it run and see there was no leaks or whatever. Called and it was already out. Go there it was in the floor. This was a one in a million find, mind you. Actually another deal popped up right after I pulled this trigger. I remove the tape from the carb pad to find green oil everywhere. Pulled the intake and it was pooled on all the closed valves. The open ones you could clearly see with a light was laying in the valve pockets. I explained that I must be dumb as H... but I would take it and if something was different than quoted and he did not make some gentleman's attempt to make it right. I had the GPS location stored in my GPS. And if I had to drive 5 hours to make it right it would end up on the 6 O'clock news. Needless to say the engine has been pretty darn good so far. The only issues are from a builder that did not realize a part he was using worked different than he thought.

Most of the time a buyer is better off buying complete and understanding those pulleys, MSD, belt drives, and such cost money too. But, I have to say as a seller I do better separating things which is just retarded.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.