Quote:

I would take a 545RFE over a 8spd. I know they are trying to squeeze the most mpg out of these cars. Sorry for your misfortune.

Have you driven anything with an 8 speed?
After 6 years with a 545RFE in my last truck I can say I hated every minute of that pos. Always in high, slow to downshift on acceleration, wouldn't downshift when slowing for a corner. Junk. The 8 spd in my '13 truck is the total opposite, downshifts when slowing,accelerating etc. Works flawlessly all the time so far.

I understand the OP's frustration as I have had my truck in for a faulty fuel sending unit that would set the MIL light when I filled it and recently for a MIL that came on when I used the remote start now that its cold. Multiple cyl missfire, Mopar just released an update on the programming. Other than those two major annoyances the truck is great.

As for your trans I can guarantee they will replace with a new unit and get that one sent back to engineering to see what happened. These transmissions have been around for awhile, used in Bentleys, BMW's etc. Hopefully the dealership gets it taken care of properly.

An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. Thomas Jefferson