Quote:

do it right the first time: GAUGES, TRANSMISSION UPGRADES, POWER ADDER. This is what you NEED to do if you want to stay happy with your truck. I've lost count on how many people back in the day added the power ignoring the rest of the package. Good gauges are $400... drop in the bucket compared to a melted #6 piston.

80+k of towing bliss with my 01. Edge EZ, RV275 injectors, Goerend torque converter and valve body kit, BD X-monitor gauges. Tows our 24 or 28 race rig in the mountains of the west and does it well.

I have a Bully Dog Triple Dog and it worked pretty well until I had an injector go wide-open, hydraulic the engine, and kick a rod. That was at 165K miles and if I would have just stopped when it started blowing white smoke it probably would have been fine. The biggest issue with Cummins engines are the injectors, as long as you keep them clean and lubricated any power adder will work just fine.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!