Quote:

I will toss in some common sense on this as well,

This Laquer paint must have been applied by hand in an off line spray area, since the cars used baked enamel. and the enamel had to be baked first so it could be masked.

this means all the different plants had at least 3 shifts of people painting differently with faily low volume production runs of paint, with possible different air pressure, paint mixes and equipment..done by hand..

The possible "correct" variations are endless.

you are right about that. And that applies to many situations on old cars. There are variations.
As an example, on the Charger R/T I restored a few years ago, when I pulled out the taillights, and looked at the virgin Organosol paint that had been hidden and untouched for 40 years, it had no texture.
The original paint 69 Road Runner that I bought from the original owner had the factory hood blackout stripes. Around the edges and hidden areas like under the windshield trim, no texture.
I'm not saying there weren't cases of factory Organosol with texture, but I am saying that I have seen AAR Cudas and othe cars at shows where the hood looks like 80 grit sandpaper and I have never seen an original Organosol finish that was that rough.
But! As was said above, these were production line cars, and car to car variations definitely occur.