Here's a pic of the belly pan. Most people on this site seem to favor a diaper. I like the pan its easier to fit, make and maintain the engine. A number of my top sportsman friends also use a simular pan. It follows the NHRA guidelines frame rail to frame rail trans housing to infront of the balancer. It has a screen in the bottom to hold the same pad as in a Jegs diaper. 2" + tall on the sides. My Bob's Profab K member made the installation possible.I just kept making cardboard patterns untill I had something that would work. My local chassis guy (Mike Carpenter)gave me lots of pointers and welded up the final design.
Hey Lynn it would be great to see ya there!
The input shaft was stock and so was the replacement I hope it'll stand up for a while.I would agree the rear breaking led to the input shaft breaking.
The R&P was and is 3.91 ratio. I shift this motor about 6800 rpm. The rear has all the tricks you can have in an 8 3/4. Billet caps, back braced gusseted outside as well as inside. It's not an alunimium housing though. I looking at a dana 60 as a replacement.
I'm trying to decide between a glide and and up dating my 904 w/ 2.28 1st gear. My 904 has some fairly nice stuff inside and its pretty fast.
Hey Lynn it would be great to see ya there!

Last edited by DavidDean; 11/13/13 12:48 PM.