Quote:

4 Door Max Wedge cars?? What year and body type was this supposed to have happened? Doesn't sound right??

I saw a 1962 Dodge or Plymouth, CRS disease now , 4 door hardtop towing(with a two bar) a 1961 Plymouth two door sedan in Riverside ,CA in 1962 or 1963. The cars where parked in a grocery store parking lot,they had stop to buy some snacks to take to the drag races at Riverside International Raceway. I talked to one of the teammates and I was told that the Plymouth had been ran in SS until the dealership recieved the four hartd top that had a M.W. motor in it, the dealership coulnd't sell it so they basically sold it to one of the employess at cost and he swapped the 383 out of the race car into the tow car and vise a versa, the Plymouth ended up running in modified production back in the day. They started the tow car up and it had really bad piston slap, I asked them about the noise and they said it was a old Stock, SS trick to swap the pistons around on the rods to improve power, it was noisy Remeber, never say never when it comes to cars and what options where produced back in the day

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)