This is close to my experience.

Quote:

Install the qtrs properly, then fit the wheel lip moulding, if need be, used a shrinker/stretcher, to tweak the moulding, or tweak the qtr panel before install....if you don't have a shrinker/stretcher, Eastwood has a decent "backyard" set up for the home hobbiest, invest in it, it'll make fabbing stuff up a lot easier. Mike

..... from my '65 Satellite. I got quarter patches from Kramer, my body man spent some time tweaking them for a good fit and profile to the moldings. However, when time came to mount the arch moldings, they didn't fit even as close you show in your pic. I was tired from a long day of working on the car and just wanted it done - so....

...I screwed the "difficult" non-conforming ends in first, then carefully but forcefully moved up the stainless arch molding 'til I had it all on. All four arches needed this treatment, some holes were difficult as #&^%$$, but I got it done and they look fine.

Now I suspect that's how they were treated on the assembly line - just slam them on and get her done!

Best of luck, -Art

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle