Inspired by "junkyard jewel 318" article and others I decided to make new setup for this season
Comp XR268 roller cam 218/224 duration @0.050 and 0.535/0.531 lift
ported #302 heads with 2.02 and 1.6 valves, comp springs retainers and locks. timing chain tensioner
Edge 2500 stall converter with lockup, Transgo shift kit

Home made tool for easy valve spring disassembly

combustion chamber clean up

opening the ports (don't reproach me those divider walls, they have been screwed before because of using wrong tools)

Narrowed valve guides, lesson learned here, My machinist not wanted to press in bronze guides cause he was afraid of making cracks, luckily mine were good enough for valve job alignment.

Valve job and blending to the bowl, That was stressfull. I've been a lot more conservative on the exhaust side.

Combustion chamber cc: 63 before, 64 after
Intake runner cc after all: not more than 140 (shadydell 302 heads have 151 cc)

Old and new valves. As you can see stock heads have problem with valve shrouding at low lift, with bigger valves it's even worse but in my opinion benefits of larger throat is greater than shrouding effect, my

cutted spring seat to accept dual valve springs and shortened guide because of cam lift and need of using PTFE valve seals. Easy job, just two tools from summitracing and drill is needed

after checking valve to piston clearance i decided to notch the pistons about 0.055 deep for intake and 0.020 for exhaust.

I reused stock roller lifters, after cleaning reassembly all started to functioning properly

I can't afford RPM intake at the moment so I ported mine performer, 4 of 8 runners have pretty bad angle that disturbes air charge. It gives hope that there is still something easy to gain on this setup.

I resseted my 1406 holley to factory setup, just added bigger squiter and manual choke

And shift kit installation in my A500 transmission, I did it on my own and now i think that i shouldn't. I'll describe that later.

Idle setting with this cam was a lot easier than I thought and sounds cool. One change o distributor advance spring and I was ready to hit the road
short clip

It's not the same ride anymore, aggressive downshifting, a lot more torque and hp, now it loves high rpm and hit 6k rpm easily. Lower vacuum so power brakes are weaker but now I'm used to that.
The same evening I did old school street racing and I couldn't find worthy competitor in my town. And the best is that there are still things waiting for improvement: carb fine tuning, ignition curve, better intake manifold.
I want to take my Dodge to chassis dyno after I get my trans repaired, Overdrive piston thrust bearing completely fell apart because I did something wrong during assembly.
I'll be back on the road soon and hopefully this summer will be better than last one.

I already started making plans for next winter: Rpm intake, A/F gauge, 8.8 axle swap with more gears and LSD and shifter maybe.
More modifications are just a question of time. I've got a feeling that its never gonna be fast enough !