Was a great weekend but as with usual for us it was not without drama. I think we have another converter going south on me. Had some big 60' issues over the weekend but it seemed to calm down a bit in later rounds. So the tranny will be coming out today and the converter going back to the manufacturer. The engine also seems to be telling me it is time to get freshened up as it began to put oil in the puke tank at a fast rate. Hopefully it holds up for one more race, but if it gets any worse we will just spectate. So as usual for us this weekend was full of issues.

AS for the race. I started out having to run Dwight Downing in round 1. For those who do not know Dwight he has a pile of Wallys and championships to his credit and the car has been raced for 30 years so I knew it was gonna be a tough close race. Well it was. He was .009 and went 11.04(11.05 is the index here). Well I was .005 and 11.044, so you do the math. Yes boys and girls it was a .0005 stripe Kinda close I scrubbed 7mph and almost gave it back. My son went up after round one to get a run sheet and the ladder. As I look at it I see we have a lot of tough racers left, especially on my side of the ladder. We counted at least 13 division championships and untold numbers of Wallys. Gary Ruest, Mike Blodgette, Ted Kellner, Ray Dew and so on. Very good racers and a lot of experience and time in the cars they have. Well I took three of those four down along the way. Ruest in round 2, Blodgette in round 3. He was in second in D7 S/ST and beat me at the last race in Salt Lake. So I felt I owed him and with the round win I wrapped up the Division 7 S/ST title. Well round 4 was a cluster. Started with a rain delay. Then they call us up and we proceed to sit in our cars in the lanes for 45 minutes, then get called for a driver meeting. After another 40 minutes we decided to wait it out and race. Another 25 minutes or so later and we were finally racing. Well I had a stellar .136 lite, see I sneezed as soon as my opponent lit his stage bulb, no warning just kinda came out. I am sure my allergy issues and all the dust did not help any But someone was watching out for me as he drove it out and broke out so I got the win. Semis I had a 15 thou package and in the final I am not sure what my opponent was thinking but I do know he was way over thinking my MPH. He went WAY fast but was ok as I was .009 on the tree and set up to run an 04 to back into him anyway. But never got there as he never lifted.

So we pulled off the win at the Jegs Sportsnationals. Something I fell one win lite short of last year. I wrapped up the D7 S/ST title which is great and I met my point total goal which I thought would not happen of 400 points. I think it will be 419 when it is all done after then weekend and still have a race to possibly ad to that total.

Will post up some video later as well. I think I have most rounds but not many were really close at the stripe, so will be a bit boring to watch.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"