See photos. I went ahead and bought the repop latches and plates. I feel they are VERY nice reproductions. Given the condition of my originals, I didn't feel it was worth the $$$ in trying to get them restored and looking new. That being said, the plating on the new repros is significantly different than my originals. The repros have a "satin" finish (which I understand/believe to be correct), while the chrome on my originals, although 43 years old and mildly to heavily pitted, has a shinier finish (as if they were once "mirror chrome" as a bumper for instance). I don't know if they were mirror chrome originally, or if someone at sometime had them re-chromed, or polished. Regardless, I am more than happy with the repops. Regarding the sun-visor rods: Does anyone know the correct arrangement of the various hardware pieces that attach the rod to the plate? They did come attached when I received them, so I know how the arrangement was, but I don't know if they were just arbitrarily attached. As you can see in the photos, there is quite a difference with the hardware between original and repop. The biggest difference being that the repops don't use/have rubber bushings, but rather two conical shaped spring washers. If anyone can share any advice on this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.