I started my A500 OD trans install yesterday and things have been going along pretty smoothly.

However, I still have a few questions because I don't have any references on how a small block and a 904/727 really fit in an E body.

The trans is sitting up as high as possible in the tunnel. I trimmed some of the case ribbing/other aluminum protrusions to achieve this. I have modified the factory trans cross member some and I am sure that it is going to work.

The tail of the OD trans is about 3.5-3.75 of an inch from the top of the tunnel to the center of the output shaft. The factory 340 oil pan is very close to the center link, but does not touch it when the wheels are turned lock to lock. I can barely fit the hook of a trouble light between the oil pan and the link. I gain about 3/4 of an inch when I turn the wheels to the extremes. How close should the center link be to the oilpan? Is the output shaft at about the right height?

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!