Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dual speakers on the package tray doesn't sound too stock, either!

Nobody said anything about sounding stock, in fact it is readily apparent that the object was to NOT sound stock, just look it.

There is a company that will take your stock radio, put new guts in it and add an external jack and USB port (both hidden). But I forget who it was, sorry.

I think what he meant by "doesn't sound stock" was "that is not a stock appearing installation"

Ward's is the go to guy around here for radio conversions.

Even the 4X45 watt conversion tunner put inside your stock radio like done by Wards and other places doesn't look stock when you look under the dash because there are many more wires than stock.
This radio was not done by Ward's wish it was.

I have been using it since 2005, it's got some wear already and it quit working a while back. I think I may have touched a speaker wire to ground for a split second moving a front dash mounted speaker around in the dash with the radio on?
After I installed the front speakers it never worked again. I have bench tested it many times. I talked to Greg Ward and one of these days I may do it all over again? It still lights up and tunes, just no sound.
I had the same deal in my 74, conversion radio with 4 speakers, sounded OK.
Then one day it quit...and I found one of the rear speaker wires knocked off by some cargo that got put in the trunk.. I can only assume the same thing happened to that radio? so here's a word of caution, use insulated speaker wire connectors.

Now I like the amp and blue tooth idea more than the conversion radio? Like the sub woofer no matter how small and because I have fallen in love with my I pod. Find myself using it all the time now when I can. It's on my Iphone too which is synced with my new truck.

Last edited by Challenger 1; 10/03/13 05:09 PM.