there are no boards showing times. You only get your half the time slip.

The track is deceiving. The starting line will take some power just have to be careful how quick you you hit it. My converter is 6,500 and I pull timing before we even hit stall speed. If I were to have nitrous. 100 HP shot about 1 second in with this converter would have been nice and shift about 500 higher to stay with the higher stall speed. We really screwed up the car ran faster shifting higher at VMP but it shifted much harder and we were having a lot of trouble spinning in the shift. I had a lot of timing out in the shift and it still spun and moved around. Shoulda coulda shift at 8,500 and more tire pressure. That first pass was on the smaller faster tires. Problem is you just can't run but so fast if you are spinning most of the way. Be safe put the biguns on there and get it done.

To be competitive. Go through the motor, a lot more cam, turn it 9K and fix some huge issues in port mismatch.

To win. Do all the above. A couple nitrous kits. Keeping it small.

The winning mph was 142. I have ran 142 with my nitrous combo years ago. Just not at this track. Putting any big power down on top end is going to require a lot of speed in the 330. Just don't think the tight tight converters are the answer. I believe the new converters that are big with little stators may be the answer. My 8" was flashing too quick and smacking the tires to hard too soon. Could have changed starting line RPM and helped but was just doing too well to change up.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.