We plan on upgrading the block in our car and I thought I would ask for input and experiences from the members here.

Currently we're running a 74 factory RB block 4.25 stroke .055 overbore Callies crank and rods Diamond pistions 13.5-1 Cam Motion custom grind solid roller aprox .730 lift Out of the box Pro-Comp heads Team G intake with 1250 Dominator in a 3400 Lbs 73 Cuda It has run a best of 9.85@136.mph We knew when we built the engine the stock block would be the weak link and have been fortunate to get two seasons out of this combination by keeping the rpms down and running the car sparingly 200-250 passes the last two years.

We've finally got the funds to order the block and tweak a few things in the engine I.E. a jump in compression and some port work. We've looked at the Koleno World and Keith Black blocks. Were going for aluminum for weight savings and repair-ability. Looks like the KB has the most room to grow. I'm also wondering if we should go with the raised cam position? Any input or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated Thanks Randy

PS I'm aware of the lack of pickup in the KB block and the absence of fuel pump mounting and factory engine mounts We'll be going with a front motor plate

Last edited by Randy514; 08/12/13 11:40 AM.