Quote:

I been running the Keisler 5-speed in my Challenger since 02. One tranny prob I ran into was the buzzing shifter but I have an old e-mail from them telling me to get it back to them and they will remedy the prob. I just can't get time to pull the tranny back out.
Other problem is a little more serious. the tranny fit ok but the set-up I have dropped the tail of the tranny slightly. I have no drive train issues, vibrations, or anything, but the oil pan on the engine is right up against the tie rod crossbar. I dropped the tie rod and dented the bottom of the oil pan with a hammer against a short piece of pipe, but is is still uncomfortably close. just my .02-

You have the first Generation shift tower, some would experience the "buzzsaw" vibration in the shifter handle at various RPM ranges, a 3rd GEN shift Tower eliminates that problem, I'd contact Keisler to see what they could offer you to upgrade the shifter/rail

As far as the increased downward angle in the driveline, yeah that's always been an issue with any TKO install, as it's a rather tall case, and the early TKO kit supplier were hesitant on machining the cases of excess ribbing/gussets or the multiple bosses cast into it, if your going to pull the tranny for an upgrade, have the case trimmed, plus trim whatever you feel is hindering the transmission from sitting higher in the driveline plane, on the E body and 71-2 B body trimming the transmission alone can raise the tailshaft a good 1 to 1-1/2", I've never had to alter the torsion bar/transmission crossmember, I trim the tranny case/tailshaft to a bare minimum, esp the tailshaft upper rib, and a few of the forward mounting bosses on the passenger side up near the bellhousing mounting ears are useless, and interfere with the transmission hump/floor, cut them off, and make an appropriate shim for the tranny mount to raise the tailshaft

Mike