Quote:

Just like the subject says, how is reaction time affected by a change in front tire size? I have 25's on my car now, how would 26's change it? What about 27's? I'm running a trans brake btw, launching at 3400, and I always have to wait when I see the bottom yellow or else I go red.

Any help would be appreciated, cause my lights have been all over the place.

Have someone carefully video the front tires when you launch to see if the car lifts the tires out of the beams or rolls them through the beams If it is rolling them through then the 2 inch taller tire may slow the reaction time down a tiny bit while slowing the measured 60 ft times down also I used a set of 22 inch tall 135x15 Sr on my old Duster when I ran it in S/ST back in the early 1990s when NHRA division 7 used the 4/10 Pro tree in S/ST, I had a 727 with a early slow reacting transbrake Those tires help maybe .02 or .03 on the reation time, not enough to help when your cutting .06 or slower with them on I would work on making you and the car consistent first on the reaction times and then look at making any mechanical changes to make the car slower or faster on the reaction times, like changing the front tire size, front tire pressues, the starting line stall RPM and so on Back in the day I had a set of the Stahl 31 inch tall tires on my 1963 M.W. Belevdere, they got old and weather cracked so I switch to a set of the Moroso 29 inch tall tires, I did redlight a lot less with the taller tires I would cut .003 to .015 in time trails and now and then cut a .498 or .499 in eliminations, espcially the first or last round After switching to the 29 inch tires I cut a lot more .498 and worst lights BTW, I carry 24, 26 and 27 3/4 inch tall tires in the trailer now to use as needed

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)