Quote:

I've been reading posts about other events and a recurring topic appears. Several Mopar-only events have been lost over the past year and a couple more are going away soon. The events that survive, suffer from small car counts. YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE in the Chrysler Power Classic at Tri-State. Not just a "heck yeah" on the forums, but you need to show up with your car, your family, your friends, AND RACE. It's not the economy, it's the fear of the economy. I just got done with the Goodguys Nationals in Columbus and it was HUGE. 7000 cars, 1000 vendors and 30,000+ people. Sure, it's all makes, but it shows that people are ready to come out. I have at least four National/Divisional event quality tracks that are ready to work with me on a Mopar series. I'm ready to pull the trigger. In fact, I've been ready to pull the trigger for two years. However, dismal support for Marion County and minimal support for Tri-State last year have stalled those plans. Support so far this year has been encouraging, but YOU NEED TO SHOW UP. The future of our hobby rests on your shoulders.

On a side note: We enjoyed attending the Good Guys this year, even if it was out 39th wedding annv. thought it was a very good turn out. Chasity broke 2nd time trial. Dryshaft broke but will be ready for the Hemi Reunion. Hemi ran both time trials the same. Shame it broke. Melissa redlite first round with an .016 red-lite time run 11.33. Car ran awesome all weekend. Stayed over for Night Under Fire had an awesome time enjoyed our Annv at the track.
Melissa red