Brian I bought mine in 2002 the intake port is just closed off the last 1/2 to 3/4 inch to stock 440 window. (not much work to make it a max wedge window). You will need some touch up to the bowls and runners for sure. Mine measured 78 cc and we milled them down to 69.5 cc think it took about .060.

After calling indy I ordered a 440-2 intake 4150 and use a 2" spacer up to the 1050 Dommy supposed to give 10 to 15 more hp than a 440-3 dommy flange?? Then opened ports to max wedge did some porting the hard plastic valve seals suck.

your stock window intake will work as do the stock head rockers and valve covers you need to make up the pushrods they are cut to length.

You have to buy one of the valley plates (buy one with removable center) or if your using a stock window 440 intake end rail spacers they sell but do not include.

I ran my Hooker Super comps worked but fit was testy then later bought TTI step headers for the SR/440-1 and wow fit great!

My suggestion to all right off after doing it and having almost the full 440-1 kit price into it real quick is bite the bullet right off and get a 440-1 kit and you get the valve covers . better intake port and the rockers just what I went through.

I eventually welded in the pushrod pinch and bought the .800 offset rockers to make mine 440-1's

I have a set of indy 1.6 800 offset rockers and shafts for sale as I fell into some used harland sharps.

Oh test fit the heads some grinding will likely be needed for pushrods I had to do a bit with my crane golds at first seems to be common.

Springs the send on them worked fine with my .597/.620 263/271 ultradyne cam later i bought 1.6 crane .500 offset rockers and may have put them to spring bind worked but looked tight after removing heads for welding pushrod pinch and roller cam finding I actually needed .800 intake offset!

Hope this helps a bit brian go with a 440-1 kit just my opinion after going through it!

Last edited by Dodgem; 06/18/13 09:59 AM.