Quote:

When you say "getting loose" are you referring to steering or rear tires unloading?

A good set of front double adjustable shocks set tight on the compression side helps settle the car.

Number 1 thing is to check the toe curve.. you are
probably going toe out... that can cause the car to
dart to the side pretty easy

I can testify to that after getting the bumpsteer fixed on mine, the problem went away.

Its seems to do a little of both honestly. When watching the car from the rear, it lands and wants to move around. The bigger the wheelstand, the more it wants to move around after landing.
As far as the toe, we haven't looked at it in a while but it was set to have a slight toe in although I'm not sure how much the stagger was that we set.

I know there are a lot of ways to skin a cat to fix this situation, just trying to decide on the most efficient approach(cost, benefit, and functionality). Our thoughts right now are, stiffer rear springs, upgrading the front shocks(their ancient), lowering the rear to lower CG, and possibly some taller tires.

I forgot to mention we put a dent in our pan last night. When I say this car was wanting to get after it, it really wanted to get after it. We started out running a 60ft: 1.41 6.44 @ 107 w/manageable wheelstand, made the ladder bar more aggressive 1/4 turns both sides, 60ft: 1.38 6.38 @ 107.86 w/another manageable wheelstand. Went more aggressive, 60ft: 1.36 (getting out of it)w/wheelstand was too high and unsettled to car upon landing. Left it alone but wend up two clicks on the shock to account for the wheelstand, ran again and low a behold the thing went even higher hitting the pan this time and my dad was out of throttle even earlier. Whats amazing is the weather really didn't change much from the first to last runs. 2100ft Density altitude to 1700ft Density altitude on the last past. Only 7 degree change in temperature although the track temperature changed quite a bit. Regardless, we really need to car to react better coming off those wheelstands. Super Stock cars have no issues, we don't want any either.

Adriel Paradise
Substation Design Engineer III