Guys,

I am in the process of getting a bunch of my rear suspension brackets and such powdercoated to I have everything apart.

One thing I had forgotten about but now see is that the isolator clamps that go around the rubber iso bushings that surround the leaf springs don't fully 'seat' as I have leaf springs with more leafs and are hence, thicker than the OEM. I had to get longer-than-normal U-bolts to accomodate this but it has worked for the past 5 years.

I have the new iso bushings (poly) to replace the rubrer ones which are pretty rotted. I am curious to know if this will be an issue with the iso clamps not fully engaing the lower shock plate. They are sperated by maybe 1/2" or so.

Anybody else here run into this? I spent good $$ for these springs and they work great. I just didn't consider this issue when I purchased them years ago.

I know FirmFeel makes a 'delete' kit for these but I already have the nice replacement bushings and I am not spending $250+ship for a set of shock plates and u-bolts!

Any ideas? So far so good for the past 5 years but wanted any thoughts before I put it back together...

Thanks!