Quote:

Is there any difference between a brake booster for manual brakes versus power brakes?

I'm not aware of any difference between boosters for power brakes regarding drum or disc brakes, but I'm not an expert in that area.

Quote:

My car, a '69 RR, has standard drum brakes and it was recommended to me to install a brake booster. Any information you can share will be appreciated. Am I correct to think that a brake booster is in fact what is called a power brake system?

Yes. If converting to power brakes, i.e., adding a booster, it is likely you will need to change the brake pedal. Usually the brake pedal for power brakes has additional linkage to increase pushrod travel (or decrease pedal travel, depending on how you prefer to think of it). And, because of that linkage, the pushrod usually goes through an existing hole in the firewall in a slightly different location - I can't remember if it's higher or lower though. IIRC, power brakes have the master cylinder slightly higher, but I could be wrong. Sometimes master cylinder is different, too, because booster provides additional pushrod force - slightly larger bore on master cylinder can be used.

Short answer is - can't just add a booster and call it done.