""The hot fluids coming out of the front of the trans to the cooler is not what the trans. pumps through the trans. It pumps and operates on the cooler fluids returning into the pan from the rear cooler return line.""

I did not think of it this way. I knew that the hottest fluid temp came from the front line due to the converter, but I did not think that the rest of the fluid in the tranny was the same temp as what is in the pan.
Thanks for the clarification. I will look for a pan with the sensor mounting lug.

Note: I am finding that the fluid coming out of my new 9.5" converter is about 10-15 degrees warmer than what it was with my old 10" converter during cruising during the same outside temps. The trans temp now on the front line is usually the same as the engine temp (apx 195 after 20-30 minutes of driving). It does spike to 205-210 after spirited driving but it comes back down to the 190-200 area during cruising speeds. This is with the fluid plumbed thru the radiator and then to a 14x10 cooler out front.
When I change the fluid after my 500 mile break-in period, I will get a pan with the sensor bung and an additional 2 quart capacity.

Thank you all for the replies.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)