pretty sure they all have the same gear ratios, but the later versions out of the gen 3 cars have a one piece counter shaft which is supposedly stronger than the 2 piece shaft often found in the earlier Borg/Warner build boxes (tremec makes them now)

5th and 6th gears are OD, with 6th gear being a .5:1 OD

I just did this swap in my Dakota. all I needed was a quicktime bell, 130 tooth flywheel/clutch, and shorten the driveshaft 1".

I modified the original T-56 trans mount and the original trans mount out of my Dakota so they would work together, and it drops right in to my original transmission cross member with no mods to the cross member at all, and I adapted the Viper hydraulic TO bearing to fit the Dakota master cylinder that was originally in the truck.

Overall, it was a very simple, drop in swap in my truck. However, my truck has a trans tunnel big enough to accommodate a 46RE automatic, which is a big trans. (my truck was originally an NV3500 stick shift though)

fitting the transmission to the engine is easy, but you'll have to figure out tunnel/crossmember mods as those will be specific to your car.

**Photobucket sucks**