I can speak directly to this. I tow my son's race cars almost every weekend with a 2006 SRT10 Quad Cab which I bought new in 2006. I probably put close to 5000 miles a year on it towing. It is also my daily driver.

The trailer is 18' enclosed / extra height unit. It contains 3 Quarter Midget race cars, ton of spares and full tool cabinet and work bench. I don't know the weight, but it is not the lightest thing.

We go all over the MidWest and have had no issues. Currently the truck has 73,000 miles. It tows just fine and we've had fun blowing away our friends who tow with Power Strokes. I get around 8MPG when towing @ 65-70mph. I am packing things tonight to head up to Kalamazoo, MI for a big race this weekend.

Having said all of this, I have been looking at Diesel Ram Dually's, mainly beacuse I likely will have a 28' or larger trailer in the future, also, need a Mega Cab as there isn't a lot of leg room in the back of a Dodge Quad Cab.

If you're looking for something fun and periodically tow, it should be fine. If you have hard core towing needs, then the diesel is probably better.

Richard

7698234-IMG_0939.JPG (51 downloads)