Quote:

Right on, i read in a past thread someone swapping an 88/89 tbi to a carb, member suggested to run current intank setup and regulate it. Unless i misread they were talkin in the teens as far pressure for tbi. I dunno

yes,this is one way to do it.

not sure HOW the harness/pcm is by-passed for keyed power to pump myself. but have seen it on a couple trucks. they used a deadhead regulator with no return on one.

I have seen this done using a RobbMc regulator with a return hooked up as well on another truck.( RobbMc on the sponcer page here on MoParts)

they also spliced in a VR/plug on the firewall for the charging system by-passing the pcm along with the in-tank pump by-pass.

all the stock wireharness and relays...ect can be left in place and you do not notice it has been hacked exept for a couple small things it would not normaly have on that yr truck.(carb/VR/Reg)

on the plus side,all the stock fuel lines that are on the opposite side of frame on a TBI truck can be used with the carb/reg swap.

I swaped to a 85 frame and wireharness on my 88-440 truck before i found out that the TBI fuel/charging systems can be used with a couple wire mods and a regulator.

I will do it this way next time for sure.