Things just go from bad to worse....

I finally got around to attempt to readjust the front brakes- in order to have some room to do it I need to turn the Charger around in the garage (small garage). But when I tried to back the car out, I found that I had NO brakes at all. The e-brakes worked though (thank goodness). The irritating thing though is that before I worked on the back brakes, at least the brake pedal worked a LITTLE. I think I can still readjust the fronts as the car sits, it's just going to be more difficult to do so.

But I'm now beginning to wonder if the front brakes are the culprit as I had first though. One thing I should mention is that some years ago when I first tore down the car (and long story short) I found that the car apparently had factory disk brakes but apparently one of the previous owners had swapped out the front disks (presumably along with the spindles) for 10" drums. I know this because A) the master cylinder/booster set - along with the lines - are specific to disk, and B) I found the proportioning valve (and it looks original), which I understand is used only on disk setups.

I'm wondering if there's a problem with the mismatched disk setup with the drums that's contributing to this poor/no brake issue? Any ideas?

David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T