I bought a set of Mr Gasket steel shim gaskets for my 440 with Stealth heads. When checking the fit around the combustion chambers I noticed a severe blockage of some of the coolant passages. I'm thinking Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, stupid aftermarket junk. So I dragged a 906 out from under the bench, same deal. Stupid Mr Gasket [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]

So I got out one of the fel pro 8519PTI gaskets (standard gasket) and guess what? Same deal, worse actually. I wish I kept my original head gaskets to compare, the witness marks on the 906 heads from the original 1967 date coded gaskets look like it wasn't interfering before but of course the marks are from the embossings.

I ran a set of that same gaskets I believe when fixing a burned valve on a buddy's 383 over the summer. I had bought them 3 years ago, but it was the same kit. I'm ashamed to say I never checked the fitment to the head, or if I did I don't recall seeing this, but it was the same kit and I assume the same gaskets.

Is this okay? Should I mod the gasket? Anyone else know anything or noticed this before? I can't be the only one. I don't see how it could be okay its blocking a head to block passage, but my buddy's 383 didn't have any cooling issues.

On a side note my first combustion chamber CC'd 79 cc

Last edited by GTX MATT; 04/11/13 02:03 AM.