Last year at the end of the season my car started smoking real bad at idle, and I would notice the smoke between gears while driving the car. Didn’t notice any miss or strange noises. I changed out all the valve seals, thinking that was the problem (they all looked new, but I swapped them anyway). I parked it for the winter and now am getting back to it. It’s a 383 .030 over with KB hyper. Pistons, 906 heads, hydraulic cam, performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 750. 4-speed Trans. Has around 7000 miles on it since rebuild years ago (don’t drive it much). Smoke was a blue/white color.

I pulled all the plugs last night, all the plugs look the same, except for #8 which appeared to be wet. I unplugged the coil and propped the carb wide open. I did a compression test on each cylinder.
#1 – 150
#2 – 150
#3 – 155
#4 – 150
#5 – 160
#6 – 155
#7 – 160
#8 – 95

So I put a couple squirts of oil in the #8 cyl and turned the engine over and then did the compression test again, and it showed maybe 10 on the gauge. So now what? I’m not much of an engine tuner, and I don’t know anything about carbs. What do these results tell me? What is the next step to take?

Thanks for the help.

7662310-plug8.jpg (129 downloads)