Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wondering how exactly the 6 way helps? All it does is raise and lower the front and back of the seat correct? I don't see where either would help unless it drops the seat down in the front further, but I don't think that is possible.

I put a 6-way in my 73 Challenger, and it adds a lot of legroom. I'm 5'10 with short legs and with the standard seat tracks, I had my seat all the way back. With the 6-way addition, I have the seat about halfway forward. Also, by adjusting the front of the seat up, and the back down, you will gain headroom. I also have a Tuff wheel.

I've had some of my large size Mopar friends sit on the 6-way, and they are amazed at the additional head and leg room.

Find someone with a 6-way and ask to try it. You will be pleasantly surprised...

I am going to have to look for one. I have looked a little bit and they seem really spendy!!!

Also I noticed mension on one place that the braces under the floor might be diffrent for the 6 way, I can't imagine they used a different floor for them.

Yes they are spendy...

They are being re-popped. Some of the originals get worn, like mine is. Sometimes when I'm driving, it likes to "self-adjust" backwards a notch, on its own... The new re-pop probably wouldn't do that.

As for the underfloor braces, the regular seat tracks don't have any. Just the 6-way has the braces...

Is their any problem with not using the under floor brace? The car is done and painted on the underside so I am not about to change it. I am guessing they were spot welded to the under side of the floor.

Could be a big problem if you don't use them. The 6-way is heavy, and you could rip thru the floor with the stud mounts on the 6-way. The braces are re-popped. Either B,E A or RestoRick has them, I forget which.

They do not weld to the floor. Just paint them to match the underside, hold them in place as you drop the 6-way studs through, put the washers and nuts on, tighten them, and enjoy...

Disclaimer: Maybe they were welded from the factory, But I didn't weld mine. I just installed them as I described.

6-way seat braces