WOW so does this thread demystify the fact that my 440 punctured holes through preignition or detonation on #2 and 4 cylinders?
I had an MSD timing retard dial setup and unwiesly timed the engine with the adjustment in near center of its throw.
Long story short,in the heat of battle on a dark desert highway blueberries and cherries flashing in the rear view it got bumped up to a total of 55ish degrees. In less than 2 miles of uphill grade she popped holes in the 2 forementioned pistons, yes they were hyperutectics. ALSO shortest plugwires. Or was it lean? But on just those two cylinders?
No I was not caught red handed she still ran on six and since the Charger I was in was a Ram Charger I used alternative routes to elude those who opresse us who enjoy the finer things in life such as POOOWER unleashed.
What was cheaper a ticket or a rebuild I dont know what the ticket would have been, but the insurance hit from an SR22 on a teen is huge. So I think a two grand rebuild was a fair ticket. LESSONS LEARNED, MANY INFACT.