Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Looks like a good deal, but why go through the expense when for a little more you could have 14" rotors? Also, are the Wilwoods weather sealed? I'm going to assume that some would like to attempt some type of track event if they are purchasing these brakes. I wouldn't advise doing it with drum brake sized bearings.

They are an integral rotor hat system correct? Which I do not prefer. Regarding the bearing question, depending on previous point, at least its steel hub, I have much concern over the common Wilwood alum hub/small bearing/Alter K solutions, including the 73+ bearing stuff style alum hubs, for any big car big tire track use. I do it and don't like it, but there really is no more robust system, until stepping up to maybe impala or Howe/Stock car hubs. Not having road salt issues in my area, I don't have a lot of concern with the seal issue, wisely or not.

Forged aluminum hubs

2 pc hat and rotor. Aluminum hat.

I believe this is what dan w from hotchkis uses on his blue rr. Dan?

I do. I would also add that I inspect my stuff and change pad frequently than most. If I lived back east I would clean my stuff more often, the Road Runner doesn't do too well on snowy roads.
I'd probably take my truck. But as for commuting and rain/etc, I haven't encountered any issues with the "no seal" wilwood stuff. If you are a set it and forget it kind of guy, stick with factory stuff.