Quote:

Dang, will have to reconsider. I did find a real nice deal on a 3500 Hemi Dually. Figured the Hemi was way under powered for any real towing.

Yes I think there is a real lack of engine choices now a days in trucks. If was buying a 3500 truck I would want more than a 345" hemi, but no way I would go with a diesel either.

I'm thinking very seriously about a ford truck with a 6.2 gas engine with hardened valves and seats and run it on LP gas.

I have been driving a 7.4L 99 chevy 3500 dually since 99. I don't do that much heavy towing with it now because I have a freightliner to tow with.

But still tow some heavy stuff for work through states like Kentucky with big hills.

They need to put V-10s in smaller pickups.

The reason I went to chevys is because I burned up a 360 in 2500 dodge truck towing a 26' enclosed car hauler, that truck was terrible for towing and I didn't want 8000 dollar noisy stinky diesel for my personal use. I even own a fuel company and work on diesel trucks everyday.

This was in 1993, I have been through 2 chevys trucks with no major trouble. So I went chevy and am very happy with the 454 motor and truck overall. Now chevy only has wimpy 6.0 L gas motor. Screw the diesels!!

Last edited by Challenger 1; 04/04/13 03:34 PM.