Quote:

I like the take apart design of the Hedmans, but the NHRA collector tether deal S U C K S !!!

If I'm reading the new rule correctly, the hedmans I have don't need the tether. The rule states: Exhaust,collectors,stacks must be securely fastened (i.e.,metal straps,bolted,welded ect) Here is a pic of my W2 1 7/8" to 2" Hedman Hustlers with a 3 1/2" collector which I believe are made exactly the same as the headers you are interested in. Notice the bolt straps on the collectors and every tube that comes apart. The only other problem I could think of is these headers don't work with an oil pan with a bottom kick out. I have a straight sided Stef's oil pan.

You are right...they must be secured with a bolt, welded, etc. But as it is written, seems to me that any collector that is removeable (bolted on) will need the tether next year:

Effective Jan. 1, 2014, removable multi-piece exhaust collectors/stacks must be
securely fastened with an NHRA accepted header tether, such as Lokar’s
1400009 or 1401009 to prevent loss of collector/stacks during competition.

I Shouldn't have said S U C K S !!! I'm all for safety but it's just one more thing we have to deal with, rather than have tech guys TECH the cars. But it does effect my decision about what headers to buy. If it's going to add...say $100 to our header cost AND be one more thing to bolt on/unbolt when working on the car...Hedman's aren't looking as good as the TTI. Or as Dustin said...maybe even custom.

On a related note, our pan is the Milodon 10qt SS pan (drag link tube). No kick outs, but the routing of the Hookers (tubes 3,5,2,4) ran into both pan sides. Just looking at the Headman's though...they have to way way more user friendly than what we have now.

What to do...what to do...